This course aims to improve your Business English writing skills by developing your use of vocabulary, grammar, understanding of different business writing genres, and your ability to write professional business emails. Skills learned in this course will be used in the communication within your company and partners as well as within cross-cultural communication and will help prepare you to have and produce professional business conversations.
In this course, attendees will learn the phrases, vocabulary, and style for written communication in different work situations. How to effectively respond to complaints or requests from clients. How to be persuasive, but not pushy, with customers or team leaders. Also we will learn and practice the most effective structures and rules for all of our written communication - in English and any language.
- How to write clear Purpose Statements in emails, memos, and messages
As well as which words to use, and why
- Using the most clear structure and formatting in business writing
When and where to break paragraphs and ideas for clarity
- Deciding which tone to use when writing to bosses, clients, and teammates
Why and when you should be writing in "active, neutral, or passive" tones
This will transform your business writing in English for clarity and politeness, and practices skills that are effective in any language we do business in.
The full course is 3 hours and will be held in English. The ideas, vocabulary, and techniques are useful for any employee above a Beginner English level. Also this includes a take home course pack that is full of useful language examples and structures for all work situations.
- Event format: online/Zoom
- Time & Date: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM, May 31
- Language: English
- Contact: Alice Xin <email@example.com>
- Registration is required and the event link will be provided for verified registrants to access the meeting the day before the event. Registration closes on 30 of May at 12:00 pm.