China has seen sustained efforts on strengthening enforcement against corruption. There have been a series of recent regulatory and enforcement cases involving multinational companies and China domestic companies. Meanwhile, U.S. regulatory authorities have taken steps to increase scrutiny over Chinese companies. On November 1, 2018, the U.S. Department of Justice announced its "China Initiative" for a series of proposed enforcement actions against Chinese companies.
Amid this tightened regulatory environment, it is important for multinational companies with operations in China to understand the recent trends and developments in the U.S. and China and how they can navigate through the regulatory uncertainty. This seminar will include compliance specialists in law and, accounting firms, and a multinational company offering forensic accounting as well as in-house and external legal perspectives on the following topics:
- Updates on U.S. FCPA enforcement actions and the implications for multinational companies with operations in China
- Key findings from a global white collar crime survey – anti-bribery and corruption
- Recent regulatory and enforcement developments in China's anti-corruption efforts
- China's new "blocking statutes" and its implications for compliance and internal investigations
- Best practice tips for adapting global compliance policies and internal control systems for multinationals companies' operations in China
* Light lunch will be provided onsite.
* Please note it is an English-only session.