As of January 20th 2021, 15 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been inoculated in China, according to the official report released by the National Health Commission (NHC). Over the past month, AmCham China has been receiving increasing inquiries from members on vaccines, and we are determined to support AmCham China members and their families' to navigate through this major vaccination wave in 2021.
On Tuesday February 9, we are hosting a virtual All Member Standing Call on vaccine status to help our members get up-to-date information and insights on vaccine/vaccination, also for us to better understand member companies' needs when it comes to various aspects of current vaccine access for the general public in China. This call will not be a formal event but rather an important converge among the entire AmCham China community, including all the Chapters in Tianjin, Wuhan, Dalian and Shenyang, to unite strengths on a key vaccine initiative we are trying to pursue for everyone. Joined by wise leaders from different sectors of our community, AmCham China President Alan Beebe will be leading the discussion.
The following areas might be covered:
- China's current national scheme
- Who should or should not get vaccinated
- Comparison between different vaccines and their efficacy
- Data of who can receive various vaccines
- How vaccines may change and enhance global transportation and commerce,
- Possibility of potential easing of travel restrictions
- 2021's potential as a year of rebound and return of global trade
* An online English session
* For AmCham China members only
*Strictly off the record