This program is designed to help expatriates increase awareness of their own cultural values, and familiarize themselves with the Chinese social system, cultural patterns, communication styles and management approaches. Participants will be asked to take the Worldpass Assessment – a cultural assessment tool that will help them understand their own cultural profile and compare it with a typical Chinese profile. The aim is to identify the cultural differences between two cultures in terms of Relationship with Each Other, Relationship to Business and Relationship to Time, and better understand how to bridge and reconcile the differences between participants' culture and Chinese cultures.
Why you need this training: You will get an assessment to better understand your own cultural values compared with those common in China, helping your anchor your experience of working in a multi-cultural environment. You will also acquire the tools to create a more productive and satisfying working relationship with your Chinese colleagues.
If you are a foreign expatriate who would like to better understand how Chinese culture is influencing your work, this course is for you.
- Raise awareness of different cultural patterns in the workplace including participants’ own cultures.
- Understand Chinese culture and its impact on business and management.
- Help participants see culturally-based patterns of communication and interaction.
- Discuss methods for avoiding misunderstanding and practice using effective responses.
- Learn a model to effectively develop cross-cultural competence/skill
- Enhance communication between expatriate managers and their local Chinese colleagues and staff.
- Understand how to develop trusted relationship with the Chinese both internally and externally
- Enhance expatriates’ leadership effectiveness in China, in term of communicating with Chinese, leading team, and driving result.
1. Understanding Culture, Chinese Cultural Beliefs and Values
- A brief history of China with emphasis after 1840
- Culture and its impact on global business and the workplace
- A model to develop cross-cultural competence
- What shapes Chinese cultural beliefs and values?
- Chinese cultural impact on Chinese society
- Key Values that impact Chinese business and management practices
- A model to compare your culture with Chinese culture
- Debrief assessment profile and understanding different cultural dimensions
- Understanding the Chinese leadership style
- Understanding the Chinese decision making process
- Chinese conflict resolution style
- Apply Chinese Cultural Insight to Enhance Leadership Effectiveness
- How to motivate Chinese
- How to develop trusted relationship with Chinese
- How to communicate effectively with Chinese
- How to lead Chinese team
- How to drive result in China
12:00-13-00 Lunch Break
Special Registration Information:
You must register in advance. Walk-ins will not be accepted. Attendees need to pay by May 15, 2017, 14:00pm. Limited spots are available and attendance is given on a first-come, first-served basis. The training will be canceled if it doesn't reach the minimum attendees of 10 people. For registrations please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org (or WeChat 18609851737) .
*For those requesting invoices (发票), please ensure you check the box on the ticket purchase page or email your company title and address information to: email@example.com.